anyway, how does one become a better friend?
- be truly interested in the other person: listen more and talk less.
- extend yourself: go out of your way with time, favours, and support.
- be honest: always cover their back. if their mate is cheating on them, tell them.
- never reveal their confidences or gossip about them.
- look out for them: if they need a job, keep an eye out for opportunities.
- avoid relentless complaining: it's tiresome and draining to listen to.
- cut your friends some slack: they too have other family, career, community, and friends pulling on their time.
- don't wait for the time to be with your friends...make the time. (not bragging but i am, without a doubt, good on this one.)
quoting james mcavoy from wanted, "what the f have you done lately?"